Wednesday, March 14, 2012

8 Am on a Thursday!!!

Did u see railway budget 2012?? 5 p/km raise for sleeper tickets :-(. Lukd like a big amount when I saw first but not so much when I calculated. I travel by sleeper class by 327 kms once in around 2 months.. This increase in fare would amount to around 16 rs increase.

My train ticket costs 171 with booking charges and now it would become 187. Going by bus would cost me 140+32+20 = 182. Atleast I get to sleep on train.. :D

I don knw what the fuss with TMC going against their own MP. There are not even the opposition COL.. Train ticket prices havent risen in 10 years now and they still shout for raising this meagre amount!!!

Of course you may say not a small amount in long term but how do you generate revenue without a little rise in price. I dont think ppl would travel by sleeper class regularly. Its generally used by ppl travelling once in a month at the max. Its 3p/km for express.

You keep complaining that the trains are not good and frequency is less (India has the fourth longest railway lines in the world.. Atleast I read it somewhere) or the trains are not upto international standard.. How do you expect to improve the standard without a little expense. Just opposing a good bill for political reason is not fair. I am not an expert but I believe this is the only thing close to a proper bill brought up by congress in a long time..

Of course you may argue that whatever revenue you create the politicians are going to swallow it.. I completely agree. This is written assuming that India is corruption free(ROFL).. .

No comments:

Post a Comment